Coffee with April Podcast Episode 9: The background story about how Stephen Leighton founder of HasBean started one of the most successful Coffee Roasteries in the world
Stephen Leighton, founder of HasBean
I met up with Stephen at the Has Bean roastery in Stafford, outside of Manchester, where we spent the day together. For me, that trip has been something I always wanted to do, and it didn't disappoint.
Has Bean is a roastery that I think all of us have come across in one way or the other. They have done truly inspiring work over the years and will most likely continue to play a relevant role in the future.
Stephen is somewhat of a Coffee Mastermind when it comes to Entrepreneurship - even so, he wouldn't call himself an entrepreneur - but what struck me the most during my visit is how genuine everything he does is. And I think that is something that reflects cleary on Has Bean as a company.
In this Episode, we talk about:
- How Stephen started Has Bean
- Coffee Roasting
- The importance of remaining true to your beliefs
- How Has Bean became one of the most iconic brands in coffee
- The process of co-owning both Drop Coffee and 3FE
- Stephen selling Has Bean (but remaining as part-owner)
- Future plans
- Where is the Coffee industry going?
Previous article Coffee with April Podcast Episode 10: A insight into the mind of Kapo Chiu founder of the Coffee Roastery Cupping Room from Hong Kong