Coffee with April Podcast Episode 9: The background story about how Stephen Leighton founder of HasBean started one of the most successful Coffee Roasteries in the world
Posted by Patrik Rolf Karlsson on
Stephen Leighton, founder of HasBean
I met up with Stephen at the Has Bean roastery in Stafford, outside of Manchester, where we spent the day together. For me, that trip has been something I always wanted to do, and it didn't disappoint.
Has Bean is a roastery that I think all of us have come across in one way or the other. They have done truly inspiring work over the years and will most likely continue to play a relevant role in the future.
Stephen is somewhat of a Coffee Mastermind when it comes to Entrepreneurship - even so, he wouldn't call himself an entrepreneur - but what struck me the most during my visit is how genuine everything he does is. And I think that is something that reflects cleary on Has Bean as a company.
In this Episode, we talk about:
- How Stephen started Has Bean
- Coffee Roasting
- The importance of remaining true to your beliefs
- How Has Bean became one of the most iconic brands in coffee
- The process of co-owning both Drop Coffee and 3FE
- Stephen selling Has Bean (but remaining as part-owner)
- Future plans
- Where is the Coffee industry going?